Thursday, March 7, 2013

How to save yourself from being Plagiarised

One day, I was reading about IIM Alumni. The fact that so many of them had excelled and reached to great heights deep down frustrated me. I wanted to be one of them but then, I wasn't from the IIMs.

I am a Chartered Accountancy student and in order to get inspiration, I decided to search for CAs who have excelled and reached to similar and greater heights.

See, the problem is not with my profession. The problem is with this media. Every time an entrepreneur from IIM or IIT gets successful, the media never fails to highlight the fact that they are from IITs or IIMs. Have you ever seen the media adding B.Com grad or Uneducated or CA before an entrepreneur who is such? No.

I respect the people from IITs and IIMs a lot since it takes a lot of hard work and mental acumen to get into these prestigious institutes but somewhere I feel that the media is more focused on them and also, they get a lot of coverage
because most of them are into e-commerce business. 


So, moral of the story is that I was frustrated and I searched a lot and wrote an article.


The article was titled, “Famous Chartered Accountants”.
Just as a matter of fact, I wrote this article on Thursday, February 16, 2012




One random day, I thought of posting this article on http://www.caclubindia.com/articles/famous-chartered-accountants-16789.asp
I edited the article a bit because http://www.caclubindia.com/ is a website for professionals and since I actually wrote this article when I was a pretty rebel teenager, it had some funky words.






I was pleased when my article got amore than 7.5k hits, I had never received this kind of response on my  article or on any of the numerous poems that I had written before.
I even tweeted to CAclubIndia about it. Being the good people that they are, they also retweeted me.








 So Far, So Good.

Enters Bhavin Pathak:

http://www.caclubindia.com/profile.asp?subdomain=bhavinpathak#.UTik5KIi4Vg
https://www.facebook.com/bhavin.pathak

He successfully plagiarises my article and is busy earning the praise for the same.

The only foolish thing he did was that he wrote it on February 28, 2013 at 12:18pm







 
















































@Devyash Patel: Haa bhai, mera hi article hai.
@Bhavin Pathak: Chalega to hai hi; waha pe post kiya to turant sab samajh jayenge.

So, just because you have a wider reach doesn’t mean that you can plagiarise articles from students and post them as your own. Also, being a CA article; I have done loads of vouching and have checked thousands of invoices. So, I am adept at checking dates. 


Just a word of praise for Mr. Bhavin Pathak: I loved your edits.

  1. All the pictures: Good job man, all you did was run the search query in google.
  2. Adding information on Aditya Puri: “Her daughter is well-known actress named Amrita Puri, recently acted in Kai Po Che! and earlier she acted in Blood Money as well.” Seems like, you read more of Bollywood Magazines than you read Chartered Accountant journals.

So, this is how you stop yourself from being a victim of plagiarism; you show the true face of the people who plagiarise your articles.


Warm Regards:
The original writer of this article
Akash Sarawgi

3 comments:

  1. Good Job Mate.
    So very Nicely put up.
    It gonna be g8 help for all.

    Thax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is time that these so called 'Writers' who become 'Cool' by plagiarising other's work, face the truth.

      Delete
    2. Great Work Akash. I also write motivation articles, specially on Chartered Accountants and have my own database for some renowned CA's.

      You work is also good and appreciable.

      Delete